Saturday 3 March 2007

Zoo Pie

Taken from "Do The Collapse" 1999

"Zoo Pie,All I ever wanted by you,Was to be a man
Get by,Every cop I beg I will stand
Come on baby do it,To me you can do it,I've already a plan
But zoo pie,All I ever wanted by you
Come on baby do it,To me you can do it,I know that you can"

A lot of fans had a problem with "Do the Collapse" when it came out and found it over-produced and one of Guided By Voices weaker albums, strangely enough I find it one of their best albums overall with loads of quality songs on it. This is one of the weaker tracks however. Its not bad but just seems to judder and stutter along with the vocals lost in a scratchy distorted vocal effect. Meanings in the song? Random Pollardness I reckon though it could be about eating animals at a zoo. Probably not.

No comments: