Thursday 15 March 2007

Now To War (Electric Version)

Taken from "Demons & Killers" 2003.

"There is no boy in me now,
There is no time and I'm alone,
But I am only breathing - breathing around,
I get involved with your crowd,
They make me feel so alone,
If you could only see me when I'm around,
But this is you and this is war,
It makes me drink even more,
And I'll have fun then I'll make a mark on you,
I'll tell you all that I am,
How simple feet will walk for free,
Until you injure me again"

This is the rarer souped up full band version of "Now To War" which was originally in an acoustic version on "Mag Earwig!". I must admit I prefer the acoustic version but this is still a strong song in the Electric version. I like this song a lot. I think its one of Bob Pollards strongest lyrical songs hes ever written. I don't know if I'm missing the meaning but it sounds to me a song about a someone trapped in a relationship, having to mix with their partners friends and not enjoying it much and loosing them self in drink which eventually turns to domestic abuse. Very sad but a very strong lyric. A Quality song but try out the acoustic version first.

No comments: