Saturday 22 September 2007

Raw Reaction

Take from "Pinball Mars" 2004

Lyrics Unknown

The spooky experimental world of the Circus Devils. This song begins like something from a David Lynch movie and then a piano plonks away and Bob vocals phase in and out and we get a nursery rhyme type repetition and then the band explode and their instruments are blasted all over. I don't mind Experimentation. If it didn't happen music wouldn't progress and would be boring and I can even take the odd bit of random crashing and discordant nonsense but some Circus Devils stuff leaves me a bit cold. A prefer brightness in my music, a bit of a hook, some harmony and a lot of Circus Devils stuff doesn't have this. Are these songs written or are they free form clashes and we see that lands on the plate at the end. PS There is actually a bit of proper music at the end of this 5 minute fuzzfest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, I love this song. The trip is scary.