Sunday 2 September 2007

Night Of The Golden Underground

Taken from "Fiction Man" 2004

"Hey, when her misery
Is conqured - how sweet
I'll stay looking
I'll seek
Above and under
Pass up the night
The love and the devil
The fight

Follow her into it's world
Up to the heart of it's town
Away from the night of the golden underground

On it where you press your cheek
The original floor where to sleep
Or just above and under your feet

What I can't give you
What I can't see"

A great song from "Fiction Man" that really captures the Pollard/GBV sound that I like, Sort of 70s rock sounding, sort of wistful, sort of uplifting, sort of different, all sorts really. Its hard to put your finger on it. Lovely stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the guitars right after Bob sings the name of the song.