Wednesday 20 June 2007

Gratification to Concrete

Taken from "Beard of Lightning" 2003

"GASOLINE ON MY COLD SKIN
AND NO LOVE WILL I SAVE FOR YOU
ABLE, RED AND SPARTACUS
I’M NOT HOME FOR A DAY
OFF WE CROSS THE FINISH LINE
WITH OUR BLACK SOAP HANDOUTS

WITH MATH & MOTIVATIONS
TO CALCULATE OUR SLOW DEMISE
ABLE HIS EYELIDS
IN A TEA LEAF JETSTREAM

WELL THE BLUES PHONE IS BLINKING
CALLING THE HISS
TO THE ONE WE CALL THE GOLDEN SKULL
THE OTHER BEARD OF LIGHTNING
AND THAT NEVER STOPPED SMILING
ALL THE WAY TO THE WOMAN HOUSE"

A rock jazz experiment from Bobs Phantom Tollbooth project. I must admit its not one of my favourite Bob albums and the songs on it range from almost good to axe-wankery and free form rock jazz, which Im not a bit fan of. It has its moments of melody and some good stop starty rhytms. This song reminds me of Tool meets Spinal Tap when they do their Jazz Odyssey that Derek Small wrote.

No comments: