Saturday 2 June 2007

Are You Faster?

Taken from "Mag Earwig" 1997

"Near a distant sea
Her clear yellow eyes
Are opening to pink and black skies
And soon they are blinking
With compound camera eyes
Are you faster
Than the eyes of the car-people?
Styled in silver
Are you able to roam
Faster then the lighthouse keeper credits you?"

A multivocaled short piece from Mr Pollard. The multiple vocals sung slightly at different times remind me of "People are Leaving" a bit but this song is more traditional GBV affair and has a great "Yea!" scream from Bob toward the end. A short song but stuffed with interesting and odd ideas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these lyrics! Yea. YEEAAAAAHHH!

Anonymous said...

Very big fan of this one. I especially like the slightly peculiar vocals on the last line.

What the Parrot Saw said...

A little too obscure and busy for me. I tend to pass this one by....