Monday 4 February 2008

Summer Is Set

Taken from "Sgt.Disco" 2007

"I crumbled
Through open star ways
Into the arms
Of a heartless widow

She stamped me as PERFECT TARGET
"Right on the side would be perfect", I said

For now I know my position
In her atmosphere of pure Herzog
And much better yet
Summer is set

For mouse games and tattoos
Somewhere in the Catskills
Summer is set

I can’t get my hands out of the icebox
Until they pass the litmus test
On her acid base

Competition in an arm’s length race

Perchance my final peccadillo
An avalanche of mumbo jumbo
Crashing down like Inno Mostro

Taken me lower into the labyrinths
Of a twisted child’s erector set

I have become the perfect pet
In the autumn of my life
And I’ll remember the sun
And all the shadows on the run
Did not apply to me
When I was young"

Very interesting instrumentation here. Love the keyboards and drums. Yet again a Circus Devils song that is not dark and brooding. This song almost builds to an Arcade Fire like blast of Organ. I like this song despite its changes in tempo and melody throughout. "In the Autumn of My Life..." crushing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the perfect Krautrock song! I can't stop listening to this record--it's great.

Anonymous said...

glad you're back.........big fan of the circus devils

XRayLexx said...

good to be back. Lifes been crazy but getting there....