Wednesday 27 February 2008

Choking Tara

Taken from "Mag Earwig!" 1997

"Days into weeks
She rattled my mind
We stayed out all week
And got happy this time
She fills empty space
I kinda need it that way
Crybaby says bye to me
I can't imagine that all our troubles will go away
But I could catch her and break the falls
I could snatch her with breaks and claws
Today when every "fake it"
Decides to make it
They just can't take it away
Shove it, cus I'll just stay
Like an ugly unwanted stray
Don't care what you say"

A short song with lots of different versions. This is the classic album version with echoey vocals. A great song and a must for any Guided By Voices compilation tape. "Days Into Weeks, You Rattled My Mind". You did indeed Bob.

2 comments:

What the Parrot Saw said...

One of Pollard's most melancholy tunes and a genuine heartbreak classic- tune is pure Lennon-McCartney. Lyrics are succinct and evocative and matched perfectly to the melody and the riff(s).

One of the man's best.

Buster said...

agreed. kind of sounds like he's saying- we should probably just break up, but it takes too much effort... then again it's probably about alcohol...