Wednesday 31 December 2008

Mix Up The Satellite

Taken from "Earthquake Glue" 2003

"Sail fish like a kite when it rolls by.
sad eyes they will grow like a headlight.
mix up the satellites.
wheel of the sunrise,
feel as its rolling by.
save us light,
that gave us night,
save us light,
that gave us night.
mix up the satellites.
wheel of the sunrise,
feel as its rolling by."

The synths in this song remind a little of The Cure and comes from one of Bobs slickest albums "Earthquake Glue". As is usual from this period GBV the Who is also a very strong influence. Nice song.

2 comments:

What the Parrot Saw said...

True that about the Who.

I attended one of the gigs on the final TEC tour and a friend pointed out how much "Windows of My World" sounded like Tommy Never occurred to me, but now I can't hear it any other way. To good effect!

Buster said...

my 2nd favorite song off of Earthquake Glue (after Best of Jill Hives). this is the GBV album it took me the longest to get into, but one day it just hit me.