Sunday 9 November 2008

Nicky High Pockets

Taken from "Sgt. Disco" 2007

"I’ve landed a job on the high ass seas
You betcha Bob and yessiree
Kind of the wind-that happens to be me

Straddle a soap studded rudder, brother
Parting the waters for sons and daughters
To a riot of gold teeth-which I bequeath

And many twisted vines
And photocopied throats
Are leaving with my boats

Link further communication
From bombs to glaring red
Yessiree, you betcha Bob
That happens to be me "

This song has lived on my iTunes as Nighy Highpockets for a year now. Damn you CDDB for me trusting you. This is a Circus Devils classic that doesnt sound like a typical Circus Devils song. A great melody and I love the "Betcha Bob" bits. Is this a character Bob has created? Some sort of Pirate? Great Song. Love it.

1 comment:

Buster said...

I love Sgt. Disco and guess what? I've still never made it to the end of the album (in one sitting at least). I always seem to pop this in while driving for some reason.