Tuesday 8 January 2008

Chance To Buy An Island

Taken from "Not In My Airforce" 1996

"Chance to buy an island - I'll sell it to you
It's not so bad
Check out the "For Sale" sign - It's for you
And hey, it's really nice

Can I offer you a find?
Can I oil your rusty mind?
If I tell you all I know
Can I pack it up and go?

And now you're ten years colder
At least you're alive
And that's not too bad
And you can't afford an island

Put it up for sale
And hey, don't think twice"

What mic does Bob use to get that sound? Like he is on the radio. It rocks. A quite slow moving but emotional sounding song from Mr Pollard here. The main riff reminds me of another more famous composition but I cant put my finger on it.

1 comment:

Buster said...

I didn't realize how much I loved this song until I found it constantly getting stuck in my head. Usually in the shower for some reason.