Wednesday 1 August 2007

Captain Black

Taken from "Motel Of Fools" 2003

"Captain Black
Is magic
I wish I could see him
And run his game
Love it is
So here at last
Make your dying promise
To Captain Black
My name is Rhino
Yeah, get it on
To the skies
I have a scarlet heart
Captain Black is dark
In his ballroom
Above the stairs
One more to grow on
For Captain Black somehow
And I am free (for now)"

Now, I think I said earlier I didn't like many of the "Motel of Fools" songs. But strangely enough when I break them down I find I like quite a few of them. This is a lovely song and the bit where the piano comes in just slays me every time. For some reason this feels like a love song to Superheroes. Maybe its just me but Captain Black in magic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

motel of fools has always been bob's most underrated release.....it flows like a movie soundtrack......we'll even the score in world war four!!!!